SUNG HERN CHUNG, Jazz Piano
From the age of six he grew to love music, writing his own classical compositions at the age of sixteen,
and pursuing jazz in ”The New School for Jazz and Contemporary” . There he accomplished many achievements that are extraordinary for his age.
Sung aims to push the limits of the Christian music genre by introducing a degree of musicality that is hard to find within the field.
Achievements and Awards
- Graduated from “The New School for Jazz and Contemporary” in 1998, majoring in jazz piano.
- In sophomore year led an “Evening of Duke Ellington Music” featuring Sung’s own arrangements for octet (eight-piece band).
- As a junior Sung featured in the Flushing Town Hall Concert in 1997.
- In 1997 preformed in his own Big Band Concert, with the large arrangement for seventeen instruments.
- Honored with the Downbeat Magazine’s “Outstanding Performance, Best Jazz Group” in 1998.
- Music director and pianist for the Broadway musicals, Chicago and Rent on tour in Seoul, Korea by production of Seensee Musical Company.
- “THE HYMNS” Concert on Nov 9, 2010 in New Jersey.